Coarse Fishing, Angling, Ponds and Lakes
Luccombes Coarse Fishery provides five well-stocked ponds for pleasure fishing. Gates open by 7.30am until dusk each day, night fishing is also offered. A variety of fish are available including carp, crucian, koi carp, bream, tench, roach, perch and rudd. There are no reservation of swims, 1st come, 1st serve only.
Fishing equipment is available for hire, including:
• Rods and reels (set up) and whips
• Landing nets
• Unhooking mats
A range of tackle is available in our shop, including:
• Hooks of various size and type (eyed, hook to nylon, hair rigs etc.)
• Floats, leads and lines
• Bait bands
• Bank sticks
• Landing nets
• Unhooking mats.
An assortment of bait is available including sweet corn, trout pellets, ground bait, soft pellets and meat in various flavours. We also have live baits such as maggots and worms. Call the fishery at 01392 833 571 to check availability.
Scroll down to view our fishing gallery.
The following day fishing charges apply per person.
|Day Ticket – Adult (1 / 2 / 3 rods)||£7 / £8 / £9|
|Day Ticket – Concession (1 / 2 / 3 rods)||£6 / £7 / £8|
|Day Ticket – Junior (Under 16s)||£5.00|
|Evening Ticket (After 4pm)||£5.00|
|Non Fishing Day Visitors||Free|
|24 Hours (Up to 2 rods)||£14.00|
|24 Hours (3 rods)||£17.00|
|Non Fishing Visitor
||£2.00 per night|
|Fishing Pass for Campers|
|3-Day Pass (Up to 2 rods)||£15.00|
|7-Day Pass (Up to 2 rods)||£30.00|
Day fishing from 7.30am until 30 minutes before dusk.
Discounted rate for Day Fishing Pass for Campers/Visitors who fish between 3 or 7 consecutive days
Fishing Do’s and Don’ts:
• Please pay on arrival and park your vehicle at spaces provided. You can unload equipment at the designated areas near the ponds but NO PARKING ON THE GRASS.
• Under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible paying adult.
• All Anglers must possess an E.A rod license, suitable for coarse fishing and in date.
• Each angler must have his own landing net and unhooking mat. No sharing. Cradles are provided on specimen ponds.
• Nets must be dipped in specified tanks on site before fishing.
• Only fishery keepnets can be used. Kindly enquire for equipment hire at reception.
• No lead core.
• Barbless hooks only.
• No artificial baits
• No nuts or fixed feeders.
• Minimum of 12lb line to be used when fishing on Ash pond.
• Night fishing is available to over 18’s only.
• Maximum stay of 48 hours on any 1 swim
• Never leave your rods unattended, even with a bite alarm.
• NO RESERVATION OF SWIMS. If you are not fishing, please pack all your equipment and vacate. Be considerate and let fellow anglers have a fair chance. Any personal equipment left behind to ‘reserve’ a swim for a long period of time, will be removed by the management
• Please handle all fish with care. Kneel down low and keep the fish over the landing mat for any photo taking.
• Take all your litter with you and use the bins provided.
If you have any queries, please call the fishery at 01392 833571.
Luccombes Larch Pond is ideal for match or pleasure fishing and is stocked with many fish including carp, koi carp, bream (up to 4lb), roach, perch and rudd.
Ash Pond (specimen pond)
Luccombes Ash Pond is up to 8 foot deep and stocked with large double figured carp.
Luccombes Sycamore Pond is ideal for pleasure fishing and is stocked with many fish including carp, koi carp, bream, roach, perch and rudd.
Luccombes Birch Pond is ideal for pleasure fishing and is stocked with many fish including carp, koi carp, bream, roach, perch and rudd. This pond is well stocked with silver fish and is an ideal beginners pond.
Luccombes Oak Pond is ideal for pleasure fishing and is stocked with many fish including mid size carp, koi carp, bream, roach, perch and rudd.