Coarse Fishing, Angling, Ponds and Lakes
Luccombes Coarse Fishery provides five well-stocked ponds for pleasure fishing. Day ticket fishing is available from 7.30am till 30 minutes before dusk, night fishing is also offered. A variety of fish are available including carp, crucian, koi carp, bream, tench, roach, perch and rudd. There is no reservation of swims, 1st come, 1st serve only.
Please note that as part of our biosecurity, landing nets and mats are provided on the pleasure ponds. Kindly bring your own net handle. On the specimen pond Ash, landing net with handle, cradles and weigh slings are provided. No outside nets or mats allowed onsite.
Fishing equipment is available for hire, including:
• Rods and reels (set up) and whips
A range of tackle is available in our shop, including:
• Rods, reels and whips
• Hooks of various size and type (eyed, hook to nylon, hair rigs etc.)
• Floats, leads and lines
• Bank sticks
• Net handles
• Luggage, storage, tubs and accessories
• Clothing range
An assortment of bait is available including sweet corn, trout pellets, ground bait, soft pellets and meat in various flavours. We carry brands such as Mainline, Sonubait, Dynamite, Sensas, Ringers, BaitTech, Van Den Eynde and many more.
Live baits such as maggots and worms are available onsite. Call the fishery at 01392 833 571 to check availability.
Scroll down to view our fishing gallery.
The following day fishing charges apply per person.
|Day Ticket – Adult (1 / 2 / 3 rods)||£7 / £8 / £9|
|Day Ticket – Concession (1 / 2 / 3 rods)||£6 / £7 / £8|
|Day Ticket – Junior (Under 16s)||£5.00|
|Evening Ticket (After 4pm)||£5.00|
|Non Fishing Day Visitors||Free|
|24 Hours (Up to 2 rods)||£14.00|
|24 Hours (3 rods)||£17.00|
|Non Fishing Visitor
||£2.00 per night|
|Fishing Pass for Campers|
|3-Day Pass (Up to 2 rods)||£15.00|
|7-Day Pass (Up to 2 rods)||£30.00|
Day ticket fishing is from 7.30am till 30 minutes before dusk.
Discounted rate for Day Fishing Pass for Campers/Visitors who fish between 3 or 7 consecutive days
Fishing Do’s and Don’ts:
• Please pay on arrival and park your vehicle at spaces provided. You can unload equipment at the designated areas near the ponds but NO PARKING ON THE GRASS.
• Under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible paying adult.
• All Anglers age 13 years and above must possess an appropriate rod license, suitable for coarse fishing and correct number of rods. This is conveniently available online or at your local post office.
• No outside nets & mats allowed. Each swim is supplied with a landing net and an unhooking mat. Please bring your own handle or enquire at reception for any rental. Cradles and landing nets with handles are provided on specimen ponds. (*In the winter, landing equipment are placed in the self-service booth)
• No keepnets, except during winter matches and fishery keepnets only.
• No lead core.
• Barbless hooks only.
• No artificial baits
• No nuts or fixed feeders.
• Never leave your rods unattended, even with a bite alarm.
• Minimum of 12lb line to be used when fishing on Ash pond.
• Night fishing is available to over 18’s only.
• Maximum stay of 48 hours on any 1 swim.
• NO RESERVATION OF SWIMS. Be considerate and let fellow anglers have a fair chance. Any personal equipment left behind to ‘reserve’ a swim for a long period of time, will be removed by the management
• Please handle all fish with care. Kneel down low and keep the fish over the landing mat for any photo taking.
• Take all your litter with you and use the bins provided.
We are only a small venue for pleasure fishing and welcome everyone who is interested in fishing and enjoying the Devon countryside. We do seek your kind understanding to follow the rules that are meant for everyone’s comfort, fish and human safety.
If you have any queries, please call the fishery at 01392 833571.
Luccombes Larch Pond is ideal for pleasure fishing and is stocked with many fish including small carp, koi carp, tench, bream, roach, perch and rudd. Conveniently located near the overflow carpark, with 2 accessible swims.
Ash Pond (Specimen Pond)
Luccombes Ash Pond is up to 8 foot deep and stocked with large double figured carp up to 25lb. 6 generous swims for bivvys.
Luccombes Sycamore Pond is ideal for pleasure fishing and is stocked with carp up to 12lb.
Birch Pond (Silver Pond)
Luccombes Birch Pond is well stocked with silver fish and is an ideal beginners pond. Stocked with many fish including crucians, tench, bream, roach, perch and rudd.
Luccombes Oak Pond is ideal for pleasure fishing and is stocked with many fish including carp up to 18lb, koi carp, crucians, bream, roach, perch and rudd.